Hello everyone, and welcome back to Gluten Free Hannah!
I really enjoy mornings, I love waking up, feeling really productive and look forward to the day ahead. Mornings are much better when you have a good breakfast to get started with. During the week, I have cereal as it is quick and very filling, however I like to be a bit more creative at weekends and so I have got my favourite pancake recipe to share with you.
This recipe is for fluffy, American style pancakes, rather than crêpe style pancakes. These are my favourite type to have in the morning as they are so versatile and you can put any toppings you like on them.
This recipe will make about 6 pancakes, but that may vary depending on the size and thickness that you prefer.
125g GF plain flour (I used Sainsbury’s own gluten free range)
1 tsp baking powder (I used Dove’s Farm Free From baking powder)
1 tsp caster sugar
Oil or butter for frying
Toppings – I like my toppings to be sweet and fruity so this time I had chocolate spread and some sliced banana
1. Combine the flour and baking powder into a jug or large bowl. I find that a jug is easier when it comes to pouring the batter in to the pan
2. Add the egg and milk and beat together until the mixture is smooth
3. Add some oil or butter to the frying pan, ensuring the entire pan is covered and make sure it is hot
4. Pour the batter into small circles in the pan and fry on a medium heat
5. Flip the pancakes over when the base is a golden-brown colour and there are bubbles appearing on the surface
6. Repeat this until the batter has completely gone
7. Add your toppings of choice and enjoy!
Ta-da! Super easy breakfast pancakes! Hopefully these make for a lovely breakfast treat next weekend.
Make sure you keep up to date by using the link at the bottom of this page to follow my blog. You will get an email every time I upload a new post so you don’t miss anything!
Also, you can keep up with what I’m doing throughout the week by following me on twitter @glutenfree_han
Until next time,